Thursday, December 16, 2010

Welcome Foolish Mortals...

Facebook, oh Facebook. If only you would work properly. I must admit, I was hesitant when I began my Facebook account back in October of 2009; Strange & Frightening Sounds v.1 was already in the works at that time. I joined in, and found myself addicted to it as many have. I don't know exactly why. I just did. The aspect of having contact to anyone via a single website was pretty neat, especially since it was lower-grade and faster then the flash-based Myspace. Over the course of a year, S&FS.com went through many refurbishments. I gained a nice following in a year's time I must admit. But S&FS never fully materialized as I originally imagined it. I can't say S&FS v.3 will be the last fix, but it will be around longer then the others, I assure you. Of course, with such a small base of followers, I have every right to fix it up. Facebook However...

Facebook is one of the internet "Mega Sites". Like Google, YouTube, Twitter, Myspace and Wikipedia, it receives a constant flow of web traffic that never ceases to exist. They are constantly being visited by global masses; and yet Facebook; and YouTube to a lesser extent then before; are constantly "Upgrading" their sites. These upgrades take things many users liked, and replace them with unreliable beta versions that are plain ugly. I can't take it any more!

So this blog opens today as a result of my frustrations with Facebook and YouTube. Sadly, both have no alternative at the moment, so I must continue to use them for their purpose. So welcome to the blog foolish mortals. I'll see you all a little later...

S&FS

No comments:

Post a Comment