Thursday, September 3, 2015

Where have you been?

   It's been a while since I last said I'll see you all a little later... about two years, give or take?

   I'm sure anyone who's been following S&FS for the past half a decade has noticed a decline in content and posts over the years. So I'm here to answer questions about what's been going on behalf of one loyal fan who suggested I do so.


Q: So first thing's first: Is this blog dead, or is it you're imagination? Hmm?

A: Well, I don't really have a concrete answer. I'd like to say no, but I can't guarantee that ether. A new post could materialize randomly one day. But I just don't have the time right now to write, nor do I have the motivation, which is key. You'll also notice I've been wiping some of my old posts and revisiting some too. Expect this part to continue at a random pace. Several post may vanish. A new paragraph may join one. Pictures may disappear from one post and a new picture or two may materialize in an older post. So don't mark us down as dead yet on any death certificate... we may just hurry back here at some point...


Q: There's been a noticeable lack of "Strange & Frightening SOUNDS" coming out of S&FS. What happened to all the monthly mixes and downloads and stuff? All the cool stuff you used to release?

A: It's gone. It's over. It's not coming back. A surprise or two might turn up but an effort is being made to change the S&FS image. It's not about handing out music or media. It's tribute to the Haunted Mansion, Phantom Manor, and other related attractions and media ventures like movies and Halloween stuff. That might have been what jump started S&FS, but it's not the big picture I have for the S&FS brand. I want a nice little tribute site, a blog, and an active Facebook community that all love the same things. It was cool to share stuff for a while but I've learned I can't always trust my fans with the policies I released the stuff under, and I don't want the Mouse coming after to me. So the time has come to put that part of our brand to rest.


Q: What's up with the site? Is it ever coming back?

A: At some point it will be back, but it's a slow process. I can't give an estimate because I don't have one. Expect virtual written tours with pictures and some fan art and fan fiction galleries when it's ready for launch.


Q: Where did the battle of the Mansions post go?!?

A: Away to be re-written and re-posted someday.


Q: What's up with "A Night in the Haunted Mansion"?

A: It's in creep mode. It's still in the works. It's not dead. Think of it as being in development hell except it's not producers or studio executives holding us back. It's time, money, and resources. I don't care what it takes, I will see that project through one day. It may be in 10 years, it may be in 50. But an indie movie based on "The Story and Song of the Haunted Mansion" record will exist one day. I want to see it so I'm going to make it. 


Q: How can I stay up to date with S&FS and what's going on?

A: Facebook. That's where it all happens these days, if anything is happening.


   So yeah, we're not entirely dead. But when have we ever been alive?

S&FS

1 comment:

  1. I was disappointed I found this site too late. It looks interesting, as I love the Haunted Mansion, but what got me really excited was the rant about the Pirates update. I felt the exact same way and not a day goes by that I don't miss it all. I found the article too late to hear the Pre-2006 Queue audio file. By the time I found the article, the file was removed from Sound Cloud. I was hoping I would get to finally hear it again, as it was my favorite part of the experience when I was little, but now that does not seem likely.

    Oh well, we go on. Thank you so very much for this delightful tribute to some of the greatest attractions the mortal world has ever seen. I have enjoyed every article here, and I am sure many more have and will as well.

    ReplyDelete